Depending on how often you travel or where you live, using the best insect and mosquito repellant is a necessity. Once you are in a tropical climate, mosquitoes and other blood-sucking insects will do everything to find you. When they do, you should be prepared with the best mosquito repellant system and one of this is the Jungle Formula Maximum Insect Repellant. But what is the jungle formula?
As one of the most trusted brands, the jungle formula is a unique insect spray that provides you with up to 10 hours of protection against mosquitoes and other insect bites. It’s one of the best insect repellents for malaria risk areas, long-haul travellers, and those who want that extra protection.
How to use it
You need to apply the jungle formula carefully on all the exposed parts of your body except the lips and eyes. For the eyes, spray it into your hands before applying. You also need to reapply depending on the conditions such as humidly, high temperature, and other factors that can reduce the duration of protection. Since it’s harmful, you need to avoid swallowing it and keep it out of reach of children. Also, avoid lips, eyes, or skin contact and in case of any reaction stop using it.
· Repels all biting insects and mosquitoes.
· It provides maximum strength for travelling to long-haul places.
· It contains 50% DEET which is the maximum strength recommended by WHO.
· It’s endorsed by many hospitals to provide protection against tropical diseases.
Things to know before using the product
Although DEET is effective, it’s not good for everyone especially those who are suffering from problems such as asthma
It can easily irritate those who have sensitive skins. This is why it’s usually diluted to 50%.
This product is not suitable for children under the age of 8 years
It may have corrosive effects on some types of fabric such as plastics and light jackets hence you need to be careful while applying it.
· It’s very effective in places where there is a high risk of malaria hence ideal for long-haul travellers.
· For extra protection against insect and mosquito bites, it has 50% DEET.
· Since it can last for up to 10 hours it’s the best spray for long outdoor journeys.
· After application it does not leave your skin feeling greasy or sticky
· It’s suitable for children who are over the age of eight years.
· It’s very effective on tiger mosquitoes.
· Its fumes are very strong hence must be sprayed in a well-ventilated area.
If you are visiting places where you might be at risk of contracting diseases such as ZIka virus and malaria then this spray is great. Although its fumes are strong, it’s a very effective spray. It will not leave your skin feeling greasy or sticky and will protect you from any insect or mosquito bites for the rest of your stay there. Overall, this product works well against tiny biting insects and mosquitoes hence worth buying. However, make sure you spray it in a ventilated area or else you may choke of fumes.